There are 4 bands and a couple of DJs under the name of Altar:ALTAR GENRES
1. Altar, a Death Metal band from The Netherlands that formed for the sole purpose of attacking organized religion with their lyrics, especially Christianity. The band broke up September first of 2001, but two of the members decided to continue the band and after auditions, found the new members. Altar is still going strong. On their official website they have free downloads of all the albums they've made so far.
2. Altar, a Metal / Hardcore / Industrial band from Romania, ALTAR were formed in Cluj Napoca, in 1991. After holding a few concerts the band made their first entrance at Samrock`91 Festival where they obtained the popularity prize. In spring/summer of 2006 Altar performed on the Biggest Scenes of the Biggest Open Air Festivals with super killer shows: Artmania Fest, Peninsula, Rock la Mures/Periam, Fanfest, Stufstock, opening shows for giant bands like Sick Of It All or The Exploited. Moreover, after 10 Years, the band is invited again to join The Biggest Hungarian Music Festival - Sziget-Budapesta. And history goes on...
3. Altar, a Turkish mathcore band formed in 2003. ALTAR has released a 5 song EP "TRIBE" in February 2005.
4. Altar, a swedish death metal band that split up after just one demotape and a split lp with finlands Cartilage.
5. Altar, pair formed for the DJs Macau and VMC from São Luíz in the state of Maranhão - in the Northeast of Brazil. “Sexercise”, one of the songs of the pair, blew up in the European tracks and today it participates of 11 international music collections.
ALTAR LYRICAL THEMES
Netherlands (Hardenberg), formed in 1988
ALTAR CURRENT RECORD LABEL
ALTAR CURRENT LINE-UP
Richard Ludwig - Guitar
Marcel Verdurmen - Guitar (Mandator, Mysto Dysto, Orphanage, ex-Vault (Hol))
Andre Hemel - Bass
Michel Coppens - Vocals
Frank Schilperoort - Drums
ALTAR PREVIOUS LINE-UP
Arnold Oudemiddendorp - Vocals (ex-Devious, Burning Hatred, ex-Pernicious)
Bert Huisjes - Guitar (1992-1997)
Edwin Kelder - Vocals (ex-Infernorama)
Nils Vos - Bass
Jarno Wilde - Vocals (Mjï¿½lnir (Hol))
Sjoerd Visch - Drums (Monolith (Hol), The Monolith Deathcult, Visionary (Hol), To Elysium, Beyond Belief, Infernorama)
Marco De Groot - Drums (1992-1996 - then came back and left again) (Rouwen, ex-Blind Justice (Hol), Ordo Draconis, Abyss (Hol))
Attila Vï¿½rï¿½s - Vocals
Reinier de Vries - Bass
Marcel van Haaf - Guitar
Marco Arends - Drums